Download GoPro (formerly Capture) for Android to with the GoPro app, your latest footage moves to your phone and automatically transforms into a QuikStory-an awesome video with effects and music. Aug 12, 2018 Go to the HERO (2018) update page. Under 'Other ways to update' at the base of the page, click 'Update your camera manually.' Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step. Click 'Download Update.' Click 'Click here to download firmware.' Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system. If you have a GoPro HERO4 camera, with the camera in Video mode, press the Settings/Tag button. Then press the shutter button once to switch from Video to T Lapse Vid. Press Mode to highlight the.
- Lets you use your GoPro with the Rechargeable Battery (HERO8 Black / HERO7 Black / HERO6 Black / HERO5 Black / HERO 2018).
- You must use your current battery to update your HERO5 Black before using the Rechargeable Battery (HERO8 Black / HERO7 Black / HERO6 Black / HERO5 Black / HERO 2018).
- Download the UPDATE folder to your computer.
- Insert your camera's microSD card into your computer.
- Right-click on the UPDATE.zip file, click 'Extract All'.
- You will now see the UPDATE folder you just 'extracted' next to the original UPDATE.zip file you downloaded.
- Now drag the UPDATE folder from your Downloads folder to your microSD Card (Removable Disk). Do not drag the UPDATE.zip file. Do not drag UPDATE folders with numbers added to the end like UPDATE(1), UPDATE(2), etc.
- Safely remove the microSD Card from your computer.
- Power OFF camera manually if it doesn't automatically turn off.
- PRESS the card in firmly using a fingernail until it clicks into place.
- Power your camera ON.
- Your camera will cycle through a number of beeps and turn itself OFF and ON a number of times as it updates.
- Your camera will finally flash an ' UPDATING ' message before it turns OFF.
- As long as you don't get a ' CAMERA UPDATE FAILED ' message, your update is successful!
About Digital Camera Updates:
Updating to a newer firmware version than the one already installed on your camera can improve the device's overall performance and stability, resolve various issues, and add support for newly developed features or enhance existing ones.
On the other hand, downgrading the camera's firmware can recover its functionality in the unlikely event the currently installed version is faulty or the device's performance dropped after an upgrade. However, bear in mind that applying an earlier build might not always be possible.
It is recommended that changing the camera's firmware be performed when the new release resolves an issue that your device has been encountering, or adds a new feature (or enhances an existing one) that could prove useful for you.
This process isn't intended to be destructive, but still, it's best to save all your personal data and configurations before applying a different firmware. Moreover, make sure that the battery is fully charged and don't use the camera's buttons while the installation is in progress.
When it comes to the update method, usually, you must copy the firmware file onto a compatible memory card, insert it into the camera, and browse from the menu to the device's update section.
However, each device has various ways to enter the update mode and particular steps that should be taken for a successful upgrade, therefore make sure you read the product's installation guide.
That being said, if you consider that this firmware improves your device in any way, then hit the download button and get the desired version; if not, check with our website as often as possible so that you don't miss the update that will boost your camera's performance.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed an incorrect or mismatched driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- COMPATIBLE WITH:
- OS Independent
- file size:
- 47.1 MB
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
Supported GoPro Cameras
Supported Shooting Modes
All “Wide”, “4:3”, and “Superview” modes at a resolution of 1080p or larger, 25fps or more, with in-camera stabilization disabled. Linear modes are also supported in 16:9 aspect only at a resolution of 2.7k or 4k. 24fps supported on HERO8 & HERO9.
Mac OS X 10.11 and later
4 GB of RAM
200 MB of Hard Drive space
Gopro Hero 2018 Firmware Hack Download Windows 10
Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
4 GB of RAM
200 MB of Hard Drive space
Gopro Hero 2018 Firmware Hack Download Software